To hide the Read&Write for Google Chrome web and Google Docs toolbars locate the purple puzzle piece icon on the Chrome browser toolbar
- Right click on the icon and select Options from the menu
- When the Options window opens slide the button over to the right to disable Read&Write for Google Chrome.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to apply the change and close the window
- The purple puzzle piece icon will now be greyed out and both the Google Docs and web toolbars will be disabled.
- You must refresh the page (F5) in a Google Doc for the change to be applied for the toolbar to be disabled
To enable the toolbar follow the steps above and slide the button to the right
Note: This option can be used for all individual Read&Write for Google Chrome users even if their Google admin has pushed out the extension and it says “Installed by enterprise policy” on the Extensions page.