If you have a site & home license for Read&Write, you can create a Take Home version of the software for students to install and use on their personal computers.
Below are some instructions to create the Take Home version of Read&Write.
Please note that your site license of Read&Write needs to be installed first on the computer that you will use to create the Take Home version.
- Go to the Essentials website.
- Enter your Read&Write site license serial number
- On the Home screen, click on Create A Take Home Version
- Click Download Create Take Home Tool
- Save the TakeHomeSetup.zip file to a convenient location like your Desktop or Downloads folder
- Right click the TakeHomeSetup.zip file
- Choose Extract All to extract the TakeHomeSetup.exe file (by default, this will extract to where the download was saved in Step 6)
- Click the TakeHomeSetup.exe to begin the setup process
- Click Next to start the Installation Wizard
- Create a Take Home Version Password
- Click Next to install to the default location
- Click Next to begin
- Click Finish to close the Installation Wizard
- Go to Start > All Programs > Texthelp > Site Utilities > Take Home For Download > CreateTakeHomeVersion
- Enter the password created in Step 11 into the Create A Take Home Version login screen
- Enter your Read&Write 11 Site License serial number and click OK
- If you wish to create a Take Home Access Code (optional) click the Generate Access Code button
- Click the Browse button to select the location for the Take Home Version (Desktop is recommended)
- A folder named Setup.zip will be created in the location chosen in Step 19
- Click OK to exit
- A window will open to the location of the Setup.zip file - this is the folder that is given to Take Home users
Users without internet access
For users without an internet connection, a Take Home Version For Distribution can be
downloaded. On the Essentials website, click Additional Installation Options > Create A Take Home Version > Click the link “If your students do not have a home internet connection, click here”
Please contact Technical Support for further instructions for creating the Take Home version for students without internet access.