You may get a message There has been a problem with Microsoft Word, please check it has been correctly installed and activated before re-trying this operation when trying to use the Vocabulary Tool.
This issue can sometimes be displayed when using Word 2013 on Windows 8. This can easily be fixed by:
- Ensure Read&Write has been closed
- Right click on the Read&Write icon on the desktop and go to Properties
- On the Compatibility tab of the Properties window tick the option Run this program as an administrator
- Ensure no other options are selected in the Compatibility tab and click OK
- Open Read&Write from the shortcut on your desktop. You will now be able to use the Vocabulary Tool