Here is how you convert files with Snapverter
- Open up Google Drive on your device by click on the app launcher or going to chrome://apps (Here are instructions for taking a picture on a mobile device and scanning it with Snapverter)
- Upload the PDF or picture to your Drive.
- Drag the PDF or picture into the Drop files here to convert sub folder of Snapverter
- The PDF or picture will move from the Drop here to convert folder, to the In Progress folder, and finally the Finished or Failed folder
- The file will then be converted into a readable PDF in the Finished folder. The file can then be moved out of that folder and shared with students.
If the file ends up in the Failed folder, you can see why it failed by going to snapverter.texthelp.com and hover your cursor over the Conversion Failed.
Converting a Bookshare/Daisy file to EPUB and sharing it
- Add your Daisy book to the Drop here to convert folder in the Snapverter folder (Make sure you keep the Daisy file as a zipped folder)
- Wait for the conversion to complete (it may take up to 5 minutes)
- The converted file will appear in the Finished folder in EPUB format
- The file can then be moved out of the Finished folder and shared with students.