Here are instructions on how to add Snapverter to your account and how to use it.
To install Snapverter to your G Suite account, go to snapverter.texthelp.com.
This will prompt you to choose an account.
After that, allow the permissions by clicking Allow.
This will bring you to the Snapverter dashboard and you will be asked if you are a student.
In Google Drive, the Snapverter folder will be created in My Drive and will contain additional folders which will be used when converting files.
Snapverter will recognize the following formats for conversion: PDF (Text inaccessible Scans), JPEG, PNG, BMP, and TIFF. For Daisy to EPUB conversions, it will only accept ZIP files.
How to use Snapverter
Snapverter will recognize the following formats for conversion:
- PDF (Text inaccessible Scans)
- For Daisy to EPUB conversions, it will only accept ZIP files
*Snapverter supports files up to 20MB*
- Navigate to your Google Drive
- Upload the PDF or picture to your Drive.
- Drag the PDF or picture into the Drop files here to convert sub folder of Snapverter
- The PDF or picture will move from the Drop here to convert folder, to the In Progress folder, and finally the Finished or Failed folder
- The file will then be converted into a readable PDF in the Finished folder. The file can then be moved out of that folder and shared with students.
If the file ends up in the Failed folder, you can see why it failed by going to snapverter.texthelp.com and hover your cursor over the Conversion Failed.
Converting a Bookshare/Daisy file to EPUB and sharing it
- Add your Daisy book to the Drop here to convert folder in the Snapverter folder (Make sure you keep the Daisy file as a zipped folder)
- Wait for the conversion to complete (it may take up to 5 minutes)
- The converted file will appear in the Finished folder in EPUB format
- The file can then be moved out of the Finished folder and shared with students.