If your users don’t have unique Windows logins, you may want to create individual logins to Read&Write. This will allow users who may log into Windows with a common, generic login to be licensed as unique Read&Write users.
- Follow the steps under the section How to setup Read&Write on a single computer in the article Deployment Option 2 - Using the Multi-User Setup Tool.
- Run Read&Write and click on the Settings button and then Show more settings...
- In the Read&Write Settings search type AdminSettings. This will open an Administrator settings area where you can manage the Read&Write users who are logging in under the Shared ID.
If this is the first time you’ve accessed this, you'll be asked to create a password. This password will have to be entered any time you wish to log into Read&Write on this computer to add or remove users.
- Enter the password you’d like to use and click on Create.
- You’re now ready to create your users. To create a user, click on Create User.
- Enter a Username and a Password then click Save.
Please Note:- A password isn’t required.
- To create multiple users, a *.csv file can be used. Just click on Import Users to add the users that are in your *.csv file.
The *.csv file should have 2 columns. In Column A, list the Usernames and in Column B list the Passwords (if preferred, note that a password isn’t required).
Once you've finished adding users, you will see them in the list of users on the Administrator settings screen.
Adding the same users to another computer
The Export Users feature can be used if you want to set up these Read&Write users on more than one computer, particularly if these other computers don't have internet access.
Before adding users to another computer, Read&Write should be installed using the steps under How to setup Read&Write on a single computer in the article Deployment Option 2 - Using the Multi-User Setup Tool.
To add the users to another computer:-
1. Once you’ve finished adding users using the steps above, click on Export Users.
2. Select the folder where you’d like to save the list of users and click OK.
3. The folder you selected to save the settings to will now contain an Admin and a Users folder. Copy these folders to somewhere that you can access from the other computer. A USB key can be used for this.
4. Copy the Admin and Users folders and paste them into C:\ProgramData\Texthelp\ReadAndWrite\User Management
Now, when you access Read&Write you will be asked to select your Username and enter your Password.
Removing Users from Read&Write
You may want to remove users from Read&Write. To do this:-
- On the computer Read&Write has been installed on click on the Settings button and then Show more settings...
- In the Read&Write Settings search type AdminSettings and enter your Admin password.
- Locate the user you would like to remove and click the Remove button beside their Username in the list.