To help with deployment, an MSI Admin Tool is available to pre-configure the Read&Write installer. To access the MSI Admin Tool:-
- Enter your Read&Write serial number at the Essentials website.
- Once logged in, click on Download Installer and choose to save it to your computer.
- When download has completed, browse to the folder that you saved the Read&Write installer to.
- Right click on setup.zip and choose ‘Extract All’
- Once the files have been extracted, double click on RWInstall.exe. The msi and other installation files will be extracted to a folder called Read&Write_Install on your Desktop.
- Go back to the Essentials website and click on Planning to Deploy.
- Download and install the MSI Admin Tool.
- Once installed, the MSI Admin Tool can be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Texthelp > Site Utilities > MSI Admin Tool
- Enter the password you created during the installation of the MSI Admin Tool.
- Browse to the Read&Write_Install folder on your Desktop and click on Connect.
- Enter your Full Name, Organization and Serial Number. The options relating to your copy of Read&Write will then be available. Edit these as required.
- The option to install Read&Write silently can be found on the Advanced Options tab of the MSI Admin Tool.
The MSI Admin Tool Advanced Options allow the following installation types:
- Full Interface. User must accept license agreement
- Basic Interface. Displays progress bar only
- No Interface. Software installs silently
Note: The Basic Interface and No Interface options only apply if running the installation via Setup.exe not via Setup.msi. For further information please click here.
When you have finished configuring the msi, click on the Update MSI button to save your changes. You will now be able to deploy Read&Write using your normal deployment methods.