Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has replaced Adobe Reader XI as Adobe’s free PDF reader. Read&Write 11 is compatible with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, but a few steps need to be made in order for Read&Write to work with Reader DC as below.
Reinstall PDF Aloud:
Once Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is installed, you will need to visit our Essentials site with your serial number www.texthelp.com/essentials and choose the option Read&Write tools. Simply click on Reinstall PDF Aloud to get the newest installer, and install it.
Turn off Protected Mode:
You will need to switch off Enable Protected Mode. You can do this by going to:
Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced) and turn off Enabled Protected Mode At Startup (see screenshots below for help.
- In Preferences go to Security (Enhanced)
- Untick Enable Protected Mode At Startup and click OK
Using PDFAloud with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC:
To use PDFAloud with Reader DC first be sure that Read&Write is setup to use PDFaloud with Adobe.
- Click the dropdown arrow at the right end of the Read&Write 11 toolbar and select Use PDFAloud for Adobe. Restart Read&Write
- Click on the PDF Aloud button on the Read&Write 11 toolbar and open a PDF
- When Adobe Acrobat Reader DC opens go to Tools and scroll down to bottom and locate PDF Aloud toolbar then click Open
- The PDF Aloud toolbar will then appear in the Reader document view
Please Note: Reader DC doesn't support plugins with online PDFs so only downloaded PDFs can be read with PDF Aloud.